Friday 31 August 2012

Weekend Reading

I don't know why I didn't think of this before.  I read this book twice last winter, and it seems to me, I need a little reminder.  It's easy to read and one of those books that provides lots of examples of non-violent talk. You would truly be amazed at how your words are received when you use these tools.  I found it also helps if someone else close to you reads it as well, so you can practice together.  As it does take practice.  Our culture seems naturally defensive, and so it is a bit of an effort to change what is so ingrained within us.  But even if you don't have someone to practice with, you can still benefit from it, in any conversation, from your partners to your children and your parents, to the corner store clerk down the road.

The Non-Violent Communication website or NVC site has numerous other books for further study if this particular one resonates with you.

Enjoy this last long weekend of summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment