Sunday 30 June 2013

Eggs, Eggs, and More Eggs


Dear chicken-crazy daughter got a surprise the other day: EGGS!

A couple of months ago, I sold some turkey eggs to a lovely lady from Lytton who got to chatting with my girl and discovered they have a mutual admiration for Salmon Faverolles.  "Tricia" promised to bring my girl some eggs next time she was through town.  Well.  I don't like it when adults promise kids things, as most adults do not respect the power of the promise to a child.

But this special lady does :)

She arrived with no less than 12 Salmon Faverolle eggs AND 6 Mille Fleur D'uccle eggs for us to hatch!!  Whoa Nellie!  Talk about sweet gifts!


Salmon Fav's are big and beautiful and gentle, and winter well.  Mille Fleur D'uccles are lovely hens... the jury is out on the roosters (I haven't heard good things).  So all these eggs went into the trusty incubator (I told you it was getting a work-out!  Add to those eggs, the couple of Easter Egger eggs from here, and we'll see what we get in a couple of weeks.  Needless to say, we'll be selling most of the chicks as we are bursting as I've mentioned.  And I thought I was done with chicks for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment