Saturday 1 December 2012

Weekend Reading

Books, books and more books.  OK. So I really don't have to tell you about Harry Potter; I'm reading 1 ahead of daughter, so I'm on "The Half-Blood Prince" and thoroughly enjoying it, for the 2nd time.  Meanwhile, she's panting in my ear as she impatiently waits for me to hand it over.

Then, there's book 1 of the "Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place" by Maryrose Wood, which I'm reading aloud to the children, and that we've read before.  But, we are desperately waiting the 3rd installment of the series, which seems to be terminally stuck in "cataloging" at the local library.  So we are refreshing ourselves with Parts 1 and 2 of the series in hopes that the 3rd book will be available, like, the second we're done.

And then, there's the book for me, recommended by my friend Signe from Patch of Blue: "Let's Pretend This Never Happened" by Jenny Lawson.  Oh. My. God.  Is this FUNNY!  And her liberal use of colorful adjectives (well, one in particular) makes it even more so.  It also makes it one of those books you don't leave around for your young reading-age children to investigate.  No.  You really don't want that.  I've only started it and so far it's making me laugh out loud.  It's a stand-up comic version of "The Glass Castle".  With a lot of extra fun words thrown in.

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment