Sunday 30 December 2012

It's Not Over Yet!



Most of you will be gladly resting, in that after-Christmas euphoria that sets in as soon as you realize You're Done.  No more presents to make or buy or wrap.  All Done.

Not I!

We were blessed with a January baby.  She was due to arrive Christmas Day, 10 years ago, but she decided to bide her time and wait... for 9 days.  This next birthday marks a mile stone - her first decade - and I want to acknowledge this with something extra-special.

So I am embarking on a journey to parts unknown, somewhere I've never gone before but have imagined for a while.

My - and her - first quilt.

It's an easy go, strips of fabric sewn together, some new some old (parts of old pajamas that weren't completely worn out, bits and pieces from other things I've made her), but still.  I've never done this before. And it seems fitting to do it for her.  My first baby, my first quilt.  And I don't have a lot of time...


No comments:

Post a Comment