Friday 21 September 2012

Weekend Reading


This week: Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener's Handbook.  I borrowed it from our library, but am thinking to purchase one for my own self, as I have to restrain myself from writing little notes all over it.  Because it goes by weeks, specifically, "x amount of weeks since the last frost", you need to do a little bit of figuring and pay attention to when that actually was.  So this book will work in all different zones, though those places with shorter growing seasons would have to condense the recommendations, and those with longer seasons could be a little more lax.  Me thinks that the first year of keeping this type of gardening journal will require the most work, in regards to recording when the last frost was and going from there.  Of course, every year, the date of the last frost will differ, but it "should" be within a couple of weeks.  My only beef about this book is that it should have a few extra pages for notes at the end of each section. It does have 1 page for notes per chapter, but a rambler like me would like a few more.  Insert smiley face here.

Happy Fall gardening, folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment