Tuesday 11 September 2012

Beep.

Hi. Meet "Beep".  We're calling her that as that's the noise she seems to make.  (We're also calling it "she" because that's what we hope it is!  Call it wishful thinking.)  Beep was incubated under Violet the Turkey mama with her other 10 babes, but when Violet abandoned her nest after her 10 babes had hatched, this little one still had 2 days to go.  So I stuck her egg in my shirt for 2 days to see if it would hatch.  I actually thought it was dead, as I did a "float test" and came up with nothing.  Why I stuck her back in my shirt after a dud test, I'll never know.  Call it mother's intuition.  Beep is living in the incubator for a few more days until she has enough feathers to go out with the other chicks, who are now 4 weeks old.  Or she might just live in the house for a while.  She's a chatty little thing, loves being part of the action.  We often bring her out for cuddles, and she seems to love listening to bedtime stories and chatters along with the reader.

Welcome Beep!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment