Wednesday 20 June 2012

I heart Bellyfit

 Have you ever made a conscious shift in the way you think, or what you do?  Maybe it was un-conscious and you only realized it later.


A major shift happened for me about six months before my 40th birthday.  My kids were no longer babies, and they were getting to those fun ages where I could really DO stuff with them instead of just looking after them.  Problem was, I had done little or no exercise since having my daughter.  Hmmmm.  This was just not on. Time for Me to be responsible, to Me for Me.  I couldn't rely on being 30-something and still in those forgiving baby years.  Nope. Those years were coming to a close.  There was going to have to be a change so I could have the energy to do more with them.  Plus my looming birthday spurred me on -- I wanted to be a Fit Forty.  Somehow, not sure how, I got on to Bellyfit.


Bellyfit is described as "easy to learn cardio moves infused with the ancient and beautiful fundamentals ofBelly Dance, Bollywood and African Dance. During the second half of the class, enjoy sculpting, toning and tightening with Pilates inspired core work, a deep yet relaxing Yoga inspired stretch and mindful Mudra Meditation."  Um, did anyone happen to mention how much FUN it is???  Seriously.  I sweat and smile and laugh and shimmy and, oh yea, get FIT all at the same time.  Oh and then, to appeal to the diva in all of us, there are these super cute hip skirts too.  


How do you stay fit?



No comments:

Post a Comment