Friday 6 July 2012

Weekend Reading

This one is HOT.  Like the weather.  Whew.
Prepare to take a cold shower:

"Fifty Shades of Grey" by E. L. James.

I'm not finished, but almost.  You've probably heard of it. "Everyone" is talking about it.  The back of the book advertises a "romance."  Ahem.  Well, I guess.  Sort of. Depends what your idea of romance is I suppose.  I'm about 3/4 of the way through, and though it's been very captivating, honestly, it's starting to get repetitive.  Hmmm.  We will see how it ends.  Ms. James has written two sequels to this one.  So, the jury is still out on this one.

I'll go back to my regular-type reading material next week.  Right now, my literary pursuits are matching the weather.

1 comment:

  1. OK, so I've finished it. My conclusion: Lame. I do not recommend, despite the hype. Cuz that's all it is, hype. Abadee Abadee Abdee, that's all folks.

    ReplyDelete