Saturday 21 July 2012

Musings

"I'm so busy" is a comment lament I hear from friends, family, overheard conversations.  Then, often in the very next breath, I hear these same people chat about the game they watched on TV, or what they saw in the mall.  A guy I was listening to today, listed no less than 3 sports games on TV he had watched in the last 2 days.  Really??  How can one say they are busy if they watch THAT much television?

We did away with cable about 4 years ago, and the set completely 3 years ago.  Haven't missed it.  Our days are so full, I can't imagine wasting a moment in front of  "the idiot box."  Granted, I do love the show "Grey's Anatomy" and watch it over the internet during the season.  So, 1 hour per week from October to May, and not while we are away in Mexico (often for 2 months in the winter), but I certainly wouldn't ever complain I was too busy, especially if I spend any time at all with my eyes on a screen.

If a person is wondering how to get more hours out of his/her day, have a look at how much time is spent with the TV.

Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment