Saturday 10 November 2012

Weekend Reading... For Kids!

"Extra Yarn" by Mac Barnett.  Another great kids' read.  This one is sweet, for the very young and upward to anyone who enjoys the reminder that a little beauty and a little effort can make a huge difference, and that there is no price for happiness that comes from within.

I've been focusing a bit more on the kids' reads lately it seems.  My daughter, who's almost 10, is enjoying very large books that I am not familiar with -- Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and other books from the pen of Rick Riordan.  I love discussing books with her, but, seriously, these novels she's reading are epic in size and content, and there is no way I have time to read the way she does.  She also enjoys the Harry Potter series, but our deal is that I will read the books ahead of her (or, re-read them) so that we can discuss them.  So that it what I'm doing with my "spare" time -- re-reading "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" before I give it to her to devour.

So, if you'll excuse me, I've some reading to do...


No comments:

Post a Comment