Wednesday 14 November 2012

A Dress for Dolly

My dear daughter has become a bit obsessed with a certain type of doll - the Maplelea Doll.  I don't quite get it, but then, do I need to?  I'm more of a Waldorf-y doll lover myself, if I can even call myself a doll lover.  I was never one to play dress up with dolls; I preferred to play with my imaginary animals, or later, my real ones, or ride bikes, or run down the back alley barefoot, or make forts in the woods...

So anyway, these dolls are, like, $100 each, plus the company entices purchasers to indulge in all kinds of clothing and accessories for the dolls.  Ye Gads.  Spending this kind of moolah on dolls? I just can't wrap my head around it.  So, daughter, knowing how her mom feels about spending cash like this, finds a simple sewing pattern in one of my books:

Ta-Dah!

And this is the book:  Oliver +S "Little Things to Sew".


Yay! For moms who can sew and daughters who appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment