Friday 4 May 2012

Weekend Reading

The Friday ritual continues...
OK, I guess this is a little mean, or a teaser, more like.  Mean because you can't just pick it up at the local corner store.  This brand-new magazine is quite a little gem, I must say.  It's put together by a small team of people, one of whom is none other than my favorite on-line guru, Amanda Blake Soule of soulemama.com.  I LOVE her blog.  Period.  So when she announced she was co-launching this magazine, I was all ears.  I bought the first issue, tried it out (you might notice a trend of trying things out before I go whole-hog, pardon the pun), and just fell in love with it. 


To quote:"Taproot is...a collection of curated stories written by and for people living fully and digging deeper; people who are interested in deepening their connections to their families, communities, and themselves as they strive to live locally and closer to the ground."


It goes on, but that will give you a taste of what this is about.  I love it, and I told them so.


So, needless to say, I was thrilled when I received a short email from Amanda Blake Soule herself the other day, asking to use my letter in the next issue!  An Honor, I'm sure.


I doubt you can find this publication on your average magazine shelf; it's not available as an e-mag.  But, do. Check it out. You won't be disappointed. www.taprootmag.com


No comments:

Post a Comment