Monday 7 May 2012

Feelin Groovy

You know how the song goes, "Slow down, you move too fast, you've got to make the morning last..." (Simon & Garfunkel)  Well, I shamelessly had a chance - two really - to do just that -slow down - over the past two days with 2 groups of friends.  It's quite amazing the conversations that flow when allowed to just. be.  Kids are laughing and running in the fields with farm critters and the adults can enjoy a cup of joe or vino and some snacks on the deck and just. relax.  So difficult to do these days with all the "things to do."  "I'm so busy" is a refrain I hear all too often.  And I cringe.  I want to ask - Why?  Do you Like being so Busy?  If you do, WHY.  Life is SO short.  Kids are in school way to long, adults work way too much.  Before we know it, another year or another decade has passed.  I told both of these friends, one of which I had been trying to see for several weeks but didn't because... well, see above.  And I said to both, I'm not antisocial, really.  You can come up here whenever you like!  I'm usually home.  I just like my place SO much that I want to spend every moment I can here.  Maybe relaxing.  Probably hanging with kids in the garden or around those critters.  And you know what?  They understood.  


So when you get a chance to just sit with a friend and share some laughs, do it.  The "things to do" can wait. They will still be there tomorrow, if you want them to be.  No one on their deathbed says that they wished they'd spent more time at the office.



No comments:

Post a Comment