Wednesday 31 October 2012

And so, I sew.

I love it when I can give someone a hand-made gift.  I know it's so much easier to go to the store and buy whatever is the current rage, but I really seem to have difficulty doing that.  Part of it is that I love making things.  But there's something else.  People - kids - "these days" expect things instantly, a quick fix, something that, to me, doesn't take much time or effort.  Time and Effort are precious to me.  They are so rare.  My hope is that maybe, just maybe, I can light a little spark of something in a child.  Maybe they realize that nice things can be home-made.



This is a particular favourite. I've made it at least 5 times now.  It's a colorful and practical pencil roll with individual little pockets for colored pencil crayons, or paintbrushes or knitting needles, you get the idea.



And maybe, just maybe, they will be inspired to make something, too.




Happy Crafting!

This pattern was adapted from that in "Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts"  by Joelle Hoverson.

No comments:

Post a Comment